Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 5, Tues- sorry my other blogs will be up soon--- computer complications

Today, being the actual Inauguration, was insane. After sleeping at David's hotel room sofa bed, which is incredibly comfortable compared to a church stage and sleeping bag, Wakobo (Isaac) woke us up at freaking five in the morning and stumbled in to multiple layers and wobbled out o the street. After a mile walk in the freezing weather, we finally arrived at the mob, and it was MASSIVE!!!!! I have never seen so many people. We finally landed in line, and then waited in line for two hours, just to get in the gate. I swear I think I actually fell asleep standing up and leaning on Chuck and Maria, and when awake, I could barely keep my eyes open! 
It started to get really insane when someone passed out and someone else broke down the barricade... no joke. We scrambled to stay together (monkey backpacks xD) then waited in another line to get all the way in, and finally landed by a tree and played penguin catapult on my iPhone. Once again, someone broke something and the whole group moved forward... bad choice. We were stuck at the bottom of a hill stuck between a woman who would not stop talking the entire time and a tall guy who refused to move over a step to clear a path for us to see. funnnnnnn. Although I was staring at rude tall guy's back for three hours, Obama's speech was incredible! I couldn't believe I was there! Once it was over, we meandered to the reflecting pool, which was frozen over and walkable. It was really fun for about five minutes, until it started to crack, then we ran to the side in fear. Once again there was an insane amount of people, and we crawled (not literally) back to the Mandarin, where I am now writing my blog. TTYL. GO OBAMAAAA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment