Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 4, Mon

Today I got to sleep in a little bit, which was amazing. I felt incredible! Then, we slowly headed to Marvin Gaye Park for Martin Luther King Day of Service. The project was to clean up this park in a poor part of DC. It was organized by the Root project, which is a service program that sponsored the project. It was really cool to see all the progress everyone made! Unfortunately, we arrived a little bit late, and could only work for about an hour, but it was still fun. Once we were finished we headed to the Mandarin, then to our home, Starbucks, to have a meeting about the Inauguration. While nervously sipping my latte, John announced that we had acquired four inaugural tickets, enough for three reporters and a chaperone. After hearing first choices, he announced the tickets would go to (drum roll please) CHUCK, MARY AND ME!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Isaac would take us to David's hotel room, where we would spend the night. We had absolutely nothing, and of course today was the day that I forgot my phone and gloves. Smart, smart me. Wow, that was an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment